The original Backup Buddy Police Support app is designed to help with mental health issues.
Download Backup Buddy Mobile Phone App …
- for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire: Android or iPhone
- for Britsh Transport (extended Wellbeing version): Android or iPhone
- for Cheshire: Android or iPhone
- for City of London: Android or iPhone
- for Cumbria: Android or iPhone
- for Gwent: Android or iPhone
- for Lancashire: Android or iPhone
- for Merseyside: Android or iPhone
- for Nottinghamshire: Android or iPhone
- for South Yorkshire (extended Wellbeing version): Android or iPhone
- for Sussex & Surrey: Android or iPhone
- for West Midlands: Android or iPhone
- for West Mercia: Android or iPhone
The App covers a range of problems faced by officers and staff in the Police Service, such as anxiety, anger, depression, stress, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, eating disorders, self-harm and more.
It gives practical advice and support on how officers can maintain good mental health, spot warning signs for themselves and others, plus advice on how to get help for themselves and colleagues.
The App also includes officers’ own stories which users can relate to, leading to feeling less isolated.
General mental health tips are provided, as well as a directory of Useful Contacts and we have a facility to share your story – to help reduce the stigma in others. There are specific pathways mapped for help and support within each force, including 24hr support for officers and staff.
The app can be customised to reflect the unique identity of each (Police) Service. The information within can be tailored to suit every participating forces’ current pathways and protocols for officers seeking help. We want ‘Backup Buddy’ to be available to all officers in the UK, we want each Police Service to use the app to clearly signpost where their officers and staff can get help within their force 24 hours a day, from one easily accessible app.
Extended Wellbeing Version of the App
- More recently Backup Buddy vastly extended its content to cover other areas that can be challenging in our lives; from relationships to physical health to financial health as well as content relating to positive and supportive leadership. It covers topics such as bereavement, trauma, menopause, child wellbeing, physical exercise, diet, sleep, and much more. All written to be easily accessible with practical tips and signposting to good support.